Sylvia Charp Award for
Presented by T.H.E. Journal and ISTE, this award recognizes a school system larger than one individual school (school district, school board, secretariat of education, education organization) that exhibits effectiveness and innovation in the application of technology.
Honoring Dr. Sylvia Charp, the founding editor of T.H.E. Journal, and her groundbreaking contributions and extended service to the education technology community, this award has two focuses:
- Widespread implementation: The winner will ensure equitable and appropriate technology use for all students in the system, aimed at improving learner outcomes and increasing learning opportunities.
- Innovation: Progress in education, as in all endeavors of our society, depends on new ideas.
The award winner will receive:
- Recognition at the ISTE Conference and Expo
- Complimentary registrations to the ISTE Conference and Expo (up to four)
- Up to $2,000 for travel expenses to attend the ISTE Conference and Expo (one per team)
- One-year ISTE membership (up to four)
- An engraved plaque recognizing the recipient's outstanding achievement (one per team)
- Recognition in T.H.E. Journal, ISTE publications, in press releases provided to local media and on iste.org
Award nominations are open Monday, December 02, 2013 to Friday, February 28, 2014
Nominate a colleague
Print nomination and judging criteria