SIGTE Award for Excellence
in Teacher Education
ISTE’s Special Interest Group for Teacher Educators (SIGTE) honors outstanding teacher educators who advance the field, demonstrate vision and innovation, and improve learning and teaching.
The Award for Excellence in Teacher Education recognizes those responsible for the development of preservice and inservice teachers as well as aspiring administrators. Nominees for this award work directly with future or practicing teachers and may include college or university faculty members as well as state or local educational association personnel (district or charter), such as technology integration specialists or curriculum coaches. Nominees should have direct contact with, and impact on, future or practicing teachers.
The duties and responsibilities of a teacher educator’s job define the role—not solely a title. If more than 25 percent of a teacher educator’s responsibilities include direct instruction of PK–12 students, he or she is not eligible for the Award for Excellence in Teacher Education but may qualify for the Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award.
Learn more about the Special Interest Group for Teacher Educators (SIGTE).
The award winner will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the ISTE Conference and Expo
- Up to $1,000 travel stipend to attend the ISTE Conference and Expo
- A one-year ISTE membership
- A one-year subscription to the Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education (JDLTE)
- An engraved plaque recognizing the recipient's outstanding achievement
- Recognition in ISTE publications, in press releases provided to local media and on iste.org