This award recognizes a school system larger than one individual school (school district, school board, secretariat of education, education organization) that exhibits effectiveness and innovation in the application of technology. This award has two focuses:
- Widespread implementation: The winner will ensure equitable and appropriate technology use for all students in the system, aimed at improving learner outcomes and increasing learning opportunities.
- Innovation: Progress in education, as in all endeavors of our society, depends on new ideas.
The award winner will receive:
- Recognition at the ISTE Conference & Expo
- Complimentary registrations to the ISTE Conference & Expo (up to four)
- Up to $2,000 for travel expenses to attend the ISTE Conference & Expo (one per team)
- One-year ISTE membership (up to four)
- An engraved plaque recognizing the recipient's outstanding achievement (one per team)
- Recognition in ISTE publications, in press releases provided to local media and on iste.org
Award applications are open Friday, December 1, 2017 to Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
View award requirements and judging criteria