ISTE is sincerely committed to protecting the privacy of our
membership, as well as all others who come to our Web site in search of educational technology resources and information. In order to better
serve our constituency, we may collect certain types of data from those
who visit the Web site:
- 2. Personal Information. We request contact and other personal information in order to fulfill transactions, such as ISTE membership, the purchase of goods or services, registration for events or to respond to requests for information. We use your contact information to market ISTE products and services. We reserve the right to share certain membership information with qualified third-party vendors for offerings that we determine to be of interest to our members. If you'd rather not receive those offers, you can ask to be removed from any or all lists not directly related to our membership services by contacting our list manager:
621 SW Morrison Street, Suite 800
Portland, OR 97205 USA
Website Privacy Notice
This website privacy notice information explains how, why and when we collect data from you on the iste.org website. Please note that this privacy notice only applies to data that we collect when you visit the ISTE website at www.iste.org and ISTE Events at www.isteconference.org.
What data we collect and how we use it
1. We collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below:
- a) Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website.
- b) Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device type.
- c) Contact Information: We collect your first name, last name, email and primary job function.
- d) Account Information: If you sign up for an online account, we will collect your username, a password and your email address. These are the minimum fields necessary to open and access your account.
- e) Customer Service Information: Information you provide to customer service, including survey responses.
- f) Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information. This information is collected directly by our payments processor and not stored at ISTE.
- g) Event data: ISTE collects location-based data about onsite attendee engagement as well as attendee content selection and favoriting in the event mobile app.
2. We use this data to:
- a) Provide a more personalized experience of ISTE services, products and customer support.
- b) Prevent potential fraud and enforce our Terms of Service.
- c) Customize, measure and improve our website and services.
- d) Deliver targeted marketing to you.
- e) Contact you by email or phone about your account or our services, including to market our services to you.
Data and information sharing
1. ISTE does not participate in any data-sharing activities.
2. Personal Information. We periodically request contact and other personal information in order to fulfill transactions, such as ISTE membership, the purchase of goods or services, registration for events or to respond to requests for information. We use your contact information to market ISTE products and services. We reserve the right to share certain membership information with qualified third-party vendors for offerings we determine to be of interest to our members. If you'd rather not receive those offers, you can ask to be removed from any or all lists not directly related to our membership services by contacting our list manager.
Cookies and related technologies
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, particularly where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
Changes to this privacy notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
Contact us with questions
For questions or if you need assistance, we're here to help. Contact the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) customer service team.
Available by phone and Live Chat.
8 a.m.–5 p.m. Pacific, Monday–Friday
800.336.5191 (U.S. & Canada)
Please see our legal notice for additional information.