EdOptions Academy is a fully accredited online school that offers award-winning curriculum, state-certified teachers, and accredited high school diplomas to schools and students who need flexible learning options.
EdOptions Academy is trusted nationally by over 1,500 school districts, and provides valuable options for:
- Students in need of a flexible academic environment
- Remediation for students struggling to stay on pace for graduation
- Addressing staffing and resource challenges to provide advanced, CTE, world language, and other specialized courses
- Accredited virtual high-school
- Flexible learning options
- 270+ online courses across a variety of content areas
- Guided instruction from state-certified teachers
Seal of Alignment Review
The Edmentum EdOptions Academy successfully underwent the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Seal of Alignment review for Readiness. Reviewers determined that this resource helps build foundational technology skills needed to support the ISTE Standards for Students. With use of digital tools and resources required to complete course assignments and unit projects, students of the EdOptions Academy course develop a useful foundation of technology skills throughout each course.
"The EdOptions Academy course materials are cleanly designed, easy to navigate and use, with high quality media content. Information is clearly presented, and with the combination of text and media elements courses are engaging and grade-appropriate."
— ISTE Review Report
The EdOptions Academy was found to support the following ISTE Standards for Students 2007 at the Readiness level:
1. Creativity and Innovation
1.b. Create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
1.c. Use models and simulations to explore complex systems and issues.
2. Communication and Collaboration
2.b. Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats.
3. Research and Information Fluency
3.b. Locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media.
3.c. Evaluate and select information sources and digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks.
3.d. Process data and report results.
4. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
4.c. Collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions.
5. Digital citizenship
5.a. Advocate and practice safe, legal and responsible use of information and technology.
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
6.a. Understand and use technology systems.