Calling all educators
Public comment on the draft 2017 ISTE Standards for Teachers is now closed and ISTE is excited to reveal the final version in June!
About the teacher standards refresh
The ISTE Standards provide a framework for learning, teaching and leading that is amplified by technology. These digital age standards are not "technology standards," but a road map for educators worldwide as they navigate decisions about curriculum, instruction, professional learning and how to transform pedagogy with technology.
ISTE refreshes the individual standards in the suite every seven to ten years to ensure they remain relevant and continue to prepare students for the future while also allowing schools, districts and states to have time to adopt, implement and show an impact on learning.
- • June 2016 – ISTE releases refreshed student standards and kicks off the refresh of the ISTE Standards for Teachers.
- • June - November 2016 – Open feedback period. What should the new teacher standards include? Learn how to participate.
- • November 2016 - January 2017 – Release first draft of the refreshed teacher standards and gather feedback.
- • January - February 2017 – If needed, release second draft and gather feedback.
- • Feb. 28, 2017 – End of open feedback period.
- • June 2017 – Release of the 2017 ISTE Standards for Teachers.
- • June 2017 – Kick off the refresh process for the ISTE Standards for Administrators at ISTE 2017 in San Antonio.