The ISTE Standards are a framework for students, educators, administrators, coaches and computer science educators to rethink education and create innovative learning environments. The standards are helping educators and education leaders worldwide re-engineer schools and classrooms for digital age learning, no matter where they are on the journey to effective edtech integration. Visit the ISTE Standards FAQs to learn more.
Transforming education requires us to rethink how we teach and learn. The ISTE Standards act as a roadmap for bold, innovative educators and education leaders to re-engineer their schools and classrooms for digital age learning no matter where they fall on the journey to meaningful, effective ed tech integration. Want to know more? Visit the ISTE Standards frequently asked questions....
The ISTE Standards for Education Leaders guide administrators in supporting digital age learning, creating technology-rich learning environments and leading the transformation of the educational landscape.
- The ISTE Standards are translated in many languages. View ISTE Standards translations
- Join the ISTE Standards Community
- Find resources aligned to the ISTE Standards with the ISTE Seal of Alignment
- The ISTE Essential Conditions are the 14 conditions necessary for systems readiness. Get the free tool that evaluates your system measured against the Essential Conditions.
- Bring the standards to the classroom with the ISTE Standards for Students ebook
ISTE Standards adoption by state
Has your state adopted the newest generation of ISTE Standards?
Newest Generation of ISTE Standards
Previous Generation of ISTE Standards
If your state is using an out-of-date version of the ISTE Standards, let us help you advocate for an upgrade! The Student, Educator and Leader Standards have been updated since 2016.
Contact ISTE’s advocacy team to help you make the case.
Bring the ISTE Standards to your classroom!
Educator practices from the ISTE Blog you can start using today.
GET IT DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX